JOCR OFFLINE is the first FULLY OFFLINE Japanese-English Dictionary Android Application with OFFLINE Camera OCR functionality!
OCR (or optical character recognition) ability means that the app can read words taken with your phone camera and give dictionary results in English. Watch the field test video below to see the app in action.
UPDATE: A recent bug causing crashes when clicking on the save button is being investigated. Please update to the latest version (1.4) for a fix.
Coming for a holiday in Japan? Bring JOCR OFFLINE with you to translate menus, signboards and what not, WITHOUT THE NEED FOR A MOBILE DATA PLAN! Simply take a photo of the text and press "translate"! Or use it as a normal dictionary to convey messages to locals.
Living in Japan but still learning Japanese? Use JOCR OFFLINE to help you with your studies and day-to-day life (OCR all the letters!) . パケ放題 not necessary!
Interested in the Japanese culture but can't make out the meaning of words? Use JOCR OFFLINE to translate bits and pieces of Japanese text you come across. It will be your handy translation tool.
- OFFLINE - use it in the plane even!
- OVER 200,000 word entries
- FAST SEARCH - made possible by FTS4 SQL search
- EXTENSIVE SEARCH - search long English or Japanese phrases, compound words or even sentences and they will be broken up into parts automatically.
- ROMAJI, ENGLISH, KANJI and KANA SUPPORT - enter anything you want in the same textbox
- SIMPLE SWIPE to change the search setting - no more tiny checkboxes!
Interface and Design:
- SIMPLE AND CLEAN - search quickly without the need for flipping through menus
- NO NETWORK PERMISSIONS REQUIRED - full privacy and, of course, no ads
- SELF-CONTAINED APP - in-built english - japanese dictionary and text training files; no requirements to install other apps.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) function:
- OFFLINE - What more can we say? Its like a pocket scanner!
- MORE ACCURATE than web-based OCR methods
- NO DATA COSTS - web-based OCRs may send entire images of text which are large files.
- SCAN ENTIRE PARAGRAPHS and edit the text later to search the lines you are interested in.
Points to note:
- The app requires you to have about 50MB of free space on your Phone memory/SD card
- OCR functionality works best when used on printed characters with a plain background
- Performance of OCR and extensive search depends on the length of text being analysed
Japan Japanese English Dictionary Offline OCR Optical character recognition translate translation translator text search meaning words
JOCR OFFLINE (JP-EN Dict+OCR) is a free trial software application from the Reference Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-08-11. The program can be installed on Android.
JOCR OFFLINE (JP-EN Dict+OCR) (version 1.4) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of JOCR OFFLINE (JP-EN Dict+OCR) since it was posted on our website on 2016-11-06.
The latest version is 1.4 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2018-03-23.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2013-08-11
26/06/2013,- Fixed a file-naming bug that affect several phone models.,- Added a menu,- Workaround for image rotation issue,- Enabled default search setting